For $20 (Canadian) per year, what BCFTA can do for you:
- Network with other fruit growing enthusiasts willing to help you;
- Four issues of our Cider Press newsletter; it's full of interesting articles written
by members like you;
- Tours of fruit growing locations in our area;
- Fall fruit shows, where we feature over 200 varieties of apples, plus many other
fruit like Quince, Medlar, plums, grapes, pears, nuts, etc.
- Help with native bees
- An incredible lending library on fruit growing, plus disease identification & control;
- Special seasonal demonstrations on pruning, grafting, and orchard maintenance;
- A 'members only' spring event where we feature grafting demonstrations, fruit trees
sales, scionwood sales, rootstock sales, orchard supplies sales – all at prices that
benefit the member;
- Access to a wide selection of difficult to get varieties;
- A chance to "custom grow" your own trees, by providing members with the opportunity
to order specialty rootstock & scionwood, plus opportunities to learn and 'do it
- A taste evaluation of apple varieties, and apple products.
Simply print our New Member's Form, fill it out, and attach your $20 annual membership
fee. Then mail it to us at the following address. Canadian or U.S., cheques/checks or money
orders are fine; they must be made out to the BC Fruit Testers Association. We do
not yet accept credit card or eCommerce payments; we're working on that.
BC Fruit Testers Association
PO Box 48123, 3575 Douglas Street
Also, IF you are interested in volunteering some of your time to the group (we are
an all volunteer association), that would be welcomed. While volunteering is not
for everyone, it is a great way to add value to your membership: you learn from others
by working with them.
- Researching & writing on fruit growing matters,
to organize events, and
- participating on our various project teams are just a few
of the opportunities that we offer to members.
So if you'd like to help out and
have the time, please let us know on the New Member's Form.
If you also tell us what
your interests are, we'll try to match them up.